DAV Chapter 5 Veterans Service Center
We’re Still Processing Claims during Covid-19. We have made some changes to make our process safer and more efficient on your behalf. We are providing claim service by appointment only. NO UNSCHEDULED WALK-INS.
Need Help with Filing a Service-Connected Disability or Pension Claim?
If you are seeking help with a new claim or appeal and would like to schedule an appointment with a DAV-5 Chapter Service Officer, please answer the following questions that pertain to your situation.
VETERANS (NOT ON ACTIVE DUTY)
1) Has DAV helped you before? If yes, when?
2) Have you ever filed a claim?
3) Are you receiving compensation now? If so, what is your percentage rating?
4) Are you seeking an increase, or do you want to file for a new condition?
5) Full name and phone number
6) Branch of service and character of discharge
7) Month/Day/Year entered active duty and released from active duty
ACTIVE DUTY (with less than 180 days left)
1) Full name and phone number
2) Branch of service and character of discharge
3) Month/Day/Year entered active duty
4) Terminal leave date
5) Separation date
6) Will you be permanently leaving the local area upon separation
or terminal leave ?
Email your answers to CSO Leif Bentsen at firstname.lastname@example.org. Leif will respond with information for a successful and smooth appointment.
Clallam and Jefferson County Veterans
Contact your local DAV5 service officer:
Port Townsend: CSO Paul Cahill, email@example.com.
Port Angeles/Sequim: CSO John Joseph, firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are staffing the Chapter 5 telephone, 360-373-2397 during our normal business hours, Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday 9am - 2pm. Our operators will be happy to help you with your claim issues.
Disabled American Veterans, Chapter 5, or DAV-5, is the primary veteran service organization that assists all veterans filing VA claims for service-connected disability compensation and pension benefits in Kitsap, Clallam, Mason, and Jefferson Counties.
During 2020, more than 2,200 veterans or family members visited the DAV-5 Bremerton office for help.
We’re open Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday from 9 am to 2 pm. Closed on national holidays. Monthly chapter and auxiliary meetings are at noon on the 1st Saturday of the month, with a potluck lunch after the meetings.
DAV Chapter 5 and the Auxiliary are located at 4980 Auto Center Way. We have plenty of off-street parking. The West Bremerton Transit Center is a short walk away, and we’re on Kitsap Transit Route #20.